• Are you a doctoral or postdoctoral researcher working in the field of media computing and communication?
• Have you thought about going into business?
• Would you like to receive mentoring from top entrepreneurs in London's Tech City?
• Do you want to learn how to commercialize your research?
EMC2 in collaboration with MentorWell and UK Trade and Investment, is organising a one-day workshop, “From Research to Entrepreneurship”, on Friday 7th September 2012 at the Hackney House in London. It’s specially designed for technology researchers like you, who’d like to know how to go about turning research into marketable products and services.
The FREE* workshop programme includes:
• Pathways from research to entrepreneurship
• Pitching ideas to potential backers
• ‘Speed mentoring’ with Tech City entrepreneurs
• Introduction to essential skills for technology business
• Inspirational talk from a successful entrepreneur
• Follow-up support, including access to online mentoring.
If you’d like to participate in the workshop, please email George Whale of EMC2 (email@example.com) attaching a half-page résumé and a half-page proposal outlining your initial ideas for commercialising a specific piece of technology research. This could be your own research or some other current research in your own field. The proposal should include: a brief description of the research, the product/ service that could emerge from it and the likely market for the product/ service (who will buy it and why?). All we're looking for at this stage is a brief outline of your ideas.
Applicants will be selected on the quality of their proposal.
Download the Research to Entrepreneurship Programme (136).
Apply now – only ten places available!
*Workshop includes free tea/coffee and lunch, but participants will be expected to cover their own travel and accommodation costs.