The 18th ACM International Web3D Conference will take place in San Sebastian, Spain on 20-22 June 2013. Web3D is a major annual event that brings together researchers, developers, entrepreneurs, artists and content creators to explore new developments in 3D web and multimedia technologies, interactive 3D graphics, information integration and usability in contexts from mobile devices to immersive environments.
Focal areas of Web3D 2013 are: (i) collaborative authoring and delivery of educational, multimedia, industrial, medical, gaming and GIS contents; and (ii) 3D web innovations and applications for e-health, transport, manufacturing and tourism.
Papers are invited on topics including, but not limited to:
- Modeling, processing, analysis and rendering of complex geometry, structure, and behaviours
- 3D search, shape matching and indexing
- Rendering algorithms and standardisation and visualisation of large data sets
- Interaction methods for online 3D content
- Interactive 3D graphics for mobile devices
- Mixed and augmented realities (including standardisation aspects)
- Agents, animated humanoids, and complex reactive characters
- Remote rendering and streaming
- Stereo and multi-view visualisation of 3D graphic interfaces
- High-performance 3D graphics for distributed environments, tele-presence, tele-operation, and 3D broadcasting
- Web, multimedia and standards integration and interoperation.
The deadline for submission of papers is 11 March 2013. For further details see the Web3D 2013 conference website.